Welcome to the Stouffville Legion Branch 459
When the Veterans of WWII returned home and began their lives as civilians, the “boys” felt that something was missing – Comradeship. Consequently, some of them took the initiative and decided to do something about it. Initially they met at Dr. Stanley Ball’s office and also at the Old Fellows’ Hall, which was located over a hardware store on Main St. Those ambitious WWII vets were supported in their cause by local veterans of the first war; in particular, Dr Stanley Ball, Del Jennings and Bert Lickorish. Branch 459 of the Royal Canadian Legion received its Charter on April 11, 1947.
View our photo gallery from the Grand Opening of our new building by clicking here.